I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Monday, September 27, 2010

Fall is officially here!!!!

Now that Autumn is officially upon us, my mind starts to think of cool, crisp weather, the smell of burning leaves, picking apples and of course, Halloween.  I love to make my daughters' costumes however this year, Delaney has her heart set upon being a Triceratops.  And while I am fairly creative, I do know my limitations and a Triceratops is most definitely out of my skill set!  I am still making Donna's though and hopefully she will be the cutest little owl in town.
I got my inspiration from this cute little number
And thought that I could combine it with the wings from this outfit.
 
I finished the main part the body today but I unfortunately ran out of brown felt so my work has ceased for the day and I will be off to JoAnn Fabrics tomorrow in search of more.  I'm also adding a tail and making a different headpiece for her.  I've been loving the look of the many handmade, patchwork-style stuffed toys I've been seeing on Etsy lately so that was what inspired the fabrics that I used to make the feathers.  I think that if I use a little fabric stiffener, I can curl the feathers up a little bit and give them a little more life.  Here's what I have so far...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment